Vacancy – Trainee Asbestos Surveyor in Northampton
Find a job description below for our Trainee Asbestos Surveyor in Northampton.
Fill in the form below to apply.
Trainee Asbestos Surveyor
At Acorn, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of growth, learning, and development. We are currently on the lookout for a proactive and meticulous individual to join our team as a Trainee Asbestos Surveyor. This entry-level position offers a unique opportunity to immerse oneself in the asbestos surveying industry, mentored by seasoned professionals.
Your journey will commence alongside experienced Asbestos Surveyors, where you will engage in asbestos surveys, sampling, and delivering consultancy services to our diverse clientele across domestic and commercial sites throughout the UK.
We are committed to your professional development; thus, we will provide industry-specific qualifications and Health and Safety training both in-house and through external platforms. You will work towards acquiring the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) Proficiency Qualification in Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings (P402).
Moreover, you will be enrolled in the prestigious Asbestologist training academy, marking a significant milestone in your career path.
- Engage with clients professionally and courteously.
- Travel extensively across the UK to conduct site works.
- Inspect and sample suspect materials in adherence to the current Health and Safety guidelines, and report findings to clients.
- Occasionally work away, during evenings and weekends, demonstrating flexibility and commitment.
- Exhibit excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Thrive in a team environment, contributing to the collective goals.
- Hold a full clean UK driving license.
- Pass a satisfactory DBS check.
Who We Seek:
- A friendly, confident, and professional individual.
- A true team player.
- Capability to excel with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organisational and prioritising skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with a good command of English.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking ability.
- Proficiency in IT skills including Word, Excel, and the use of a tablet.
- Starting salary of £22,000pa (Raising once qualified. Qualified salaries range from £24,000 - £37,000pa)
- 23 Days holiday + Bank holidays + Birthday off
- Christmas shutdown
- Royal London Pension Scheme (Best on the market)
- Social events
- Phone (Personal use included)
- Fully Expensed Company Vehicle (including private use) once qualified
How to apply:
Ready to embark on a rewarding and educational journey?
Apply now by filling in the form at the top of the page or email your CV to email@example.com.
Appointment of the posts will be subject to satisfactory references being secured.
Acorn Analytical Services Limited are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.