Vacancy – Trainee Asbestos Analyst in Northampton
Find a job description below for our Trainee Asbestos Analyst in Northampton.
Fill in the form below to apply.
Trainee Asbestos Analyst
Acorn is seeking to recruit an entry-level person to the role of Trainee Asbestos Analyst.
The successful candidate will start their role by shadowing experienced Asbestos Consultants undertaking air testing, analysis, asbestos removal project management and consultancy with clients at various domestic and commercial sites.
Asbestos Analyst industry qualifications and Health and Safety training will be provided both in-house and externally. The successful candidate will work towards obtaining the required British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) Proficiency Qualifications in Air Sampling and Fibre Counting (PCM) P403 and Clearance Testing and the Requirements of a Certificate for Reoccupation P404
The successful candidate will also be enrolled in the Asbestologist training academy.
The role of Trainee Asbestos Analyst:
- Liaising with clients.
- Travelling across the UK to undertake air monitoring and site works.
- Gathering and analysing air samples as per current Health and Safety guidance and reporting findings to our clients
- You will be required at times to work away, work evenings and weekends.
- Be motivated, organised and an excellent timekeeper.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Hold a full clean UK driving license
- A satisfactory DBS check
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who is friendly, confident and professional.
- Team player.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good written and verbal English
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and the ability to use a tablet.
- Starting salary of £19,000pa (Raising once qualified)
- 23 Days holiday + Bank holidays + Birthday off
- Christmas shutdown
- Royal London Pension scheme (Best on the market)
- Social events
- Phone (Personal use included)
How to apply:
Appointment of the post will be subject to satisfactory references being secured.
Acorn Analytical Services Limited are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.