Vacancy – QHSE Support Officer
Find a job description below for our QHSE Support Officer position in Cleckheaton.
Fill in the form below to apply.
QHSE Support officer
Monday to Friday
Working hours 9am – 5pm
35 Hours per week.
£27,000.00 per annum dependent on experience
A new and exciting role has been developed within the company as a QHSE Support officer. If you are looking to make 2023 your year this may just be the opportunity for you.
The purpose of the role is to support and assist the QHSE department in the maintenance of quality assurance, environmental, health, safety, and well-being management systems.
The successful candidate must have attained or be working towards (within a 12-month time frame):
- Technical asbestos consultancy qualifications P module or RSPH equivalent.
- Qualifications in internal auditing or integrated management systems against the relevant standards.
- Formal health and safety qualification (s).
- Other relevant health and safety qualifications to assist the business.
Duties will include:
- The Management and maintenance of the training files.
- Internal IMS audits.
- Desktop reviews/ studies of analytical and surveying reports (with follow-up corrective actions).
- Booking and planning training.
- Design, development, and delivery of internal QHSE courses.
- The QHSE onboarding of new site staff.
- Working pro-actively with managers to establish safe systems of work and safe environment for colleagues and customers.
- Utilising and promoting the management system policies and procedures including risk assessments, accident prevention, and health initiatives.
- Work towards maintaining and developing a pro-active improvement culture in Quality, Health and Safety and Environment company wide.
- Assisting in the maintenance of audit records and schedules.
- Implementing and recording corrective actions from audits.
- Internal calibrations, record keeping, and equipment preparation.
- Work with the QHSE Manager and Technical Manager to ensure legislative compliance, ensuring that all QHSE aspects of Acorn are conducted in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements and code of practice.
- Support during external system audits.
- Trend analysis reports and corrective action plans.
- Assisting complaints, anomalies, and incident investigations.
A little bit about us, Acorn has successfully survived many a storm over the years, recession, covid, changes within the industry and from that we have learnt plenty, whilst developing our business and investing in our team, we were able to steadily grow and expand whilst never losing the key values that remain at the heart of our company ‘quality’, ‘integrity’, ‘respect’, ‘teamwork’ and ‘innovation’. We place its success to our team and that is why we have such a fabulous team and a superb reputation.
Feeling a tad apprehensive about leaving your current employer in an uncertain economic climate? We understand your fears, but as a company that has over 23 years in the industry, we can give you the assurance it will be worth making the change.
Our basic requirements?
- Strong administration skills.
- Experience in dealing in quality assurance and integrated management systems.
- Confident when dealing with sensitive data/ information.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to input and manage data.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Inquisitive, intuitive and not afraid to ask questions.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good time
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Thrive in a busy and reactive work environment.
- Good team player.
- The ability to work independently whilst still feeding into a team.
- To work on your own initiative and make good decisions in the interest of both the company and the client.
- A commitment to delivering high quality customer service.
- To act with honesty, integrity, and confidentiality always.
- Have an existing full driving licence or be working towards this within the next 12 months.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
In return we will offer you:
- Chance to grow, at Acorn we love to grow our own talent. Continuous Professional Development is important to us, and we will work with you to achieve your goals and your potential.
- Competitive salary.
- We offer an Employee Asset Plan via Sovereign.
- Work pension contribution.
- Recruitment referral scheme (£500 for each successful recruit who stays a minimum of 6 months)
- Annual Team event.
Not to boast but we work for ‘the best’ clients ranging from individual domestic clients to large organisations such as NHS Trusts, worldwide corporations, Schools, Universities, Architects to highlight just a few. With the variety of clients we have, life will never be dull, and there is ample opportunity to work on different projects and this role is unique as you will be working with all our teams.
If this advert has inspired you, we very much look forward to reading your CV and meeting you for a coffee and seeing what your future might look like if you are lucky enough to be offered a job with Acorn Analytical Services.
Please email your CV to Claire.email@example.com Closing date Monday the 5th of June 2023.
Acorn Analytical Services Limited are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.