Qualified Asbestos Bulk Analyst
Monday to Friday
Working hours 9am – 5pm
35 Hours per week (with the option to accrue daily over time) part time hours are available
Starting salary £24,000.00 per annum full time - dependent on experience
Looking for a new challenge in 2023? Love your job but fancy a change? We have a great opportunity at Acorn Analytical Services at our Cleckheaton office.
We are looking for an additional Qualified Asbestos Bulk Analysis to join our Lab Team. The successful candidate will need to have a BOSH P401 (or equivalent), have GCSE English and Maths (or Equivalent) and experience of working in a UKAS accredited Laboratory.
The job will involve:
- The analyst of Asbestos Bulk Samples;
- Provide the administration associated with booking in samples and recording results;
- Assisting the Lab Manager with tasks; and
- The calibration of equipment
A little bit about us, Acorn have successfully survived many a storm over the years, recession, covid, changes within the industry and from that we have learnt plenty, whilst developing our business and investing in our team, we were able to steadily grow and expand whilst never losing the key values that remain at the heart of our company ‘quality’, ‘integrity’, ‘respect’, ‘teamwork’ and ‘innovation’. We place its success to our team and that is why we have such a fabulous team and a superb reputation.
Feeling a tad apprehensive about leaving your current employer in an uncertain economic climate? We understand your fears, but as a company who has over 23 years in the industry, we can give you the assurance it will be worth making the change.
Our basic requirements?
- Strong administration skills.
- Confident when dealing with sensitive data/ information.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to input and manage data.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Goodtime management.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Thrive in a busy and reactive work environment.
- Good team player.
- The ability to work independently whilst still feeding into a team.
- To work on your own initiative and make good decisions in the interest of both the company and the client.
- A commitment to delivering high quality customer service.
- To act with honesty, integrity, and confidentiality always.
- Have a commitment to continuous professional development.
In return we will offer you:
- Chance to grow, at Acorn we love to grow our own talent. Continuous Professional Development is important to us, and we will work with you to achieve your goals and your potential.
- Competitive salary.
- We offer an Employee Asset Plan via Sovereign.
- Work pension contribution.
- Recruitment referral scheme (£500 for each successful recruit who stays a minimum of 6 months)
- Annual Team event.
- 20 days annual leave, plus Long Service Awarded Holidays after 5 years.
- An additional day off for your birthday.
Not to boast but we work for ‘the best’ clients ranging from individual domestic clients to large organisations such as NHS Trusts, worldwide corporations, Schools, Universities, Architects to highlight just a few. With the variety of clients we have, life will never be dull, and there is ample opportunity to work on different projects and this role is unique as you will be working with all our teams.
If this advert has inspired you, we very much look forward to reading your CV and meeting you for a coffee and seeing what your future might look like if you are lucky enough to be offered a job with Acorn Analytical Services.
Please send your CV to Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday the 28th July 2023.