Asbestos awareness training should be given to all employees whose work could foreseeably disturb the fabric of a building and therefore expose them to asbestos. It should also be given to those who supervise or influence any such work. The Regulations’ Approved Code of Practice also recommends that a refresher should be undertaken at least once a year.
In particular, asbestos awareness training should be given to those workers in the refurbishment, maintenance and allied construction trades where it is foreseeable that asbestos containing materials may become exposed during their work. This includes, but is not limited to:
- General maintenance staff
- Electricians, plumbers and gas fitters
- Painters, decorators, joiners and plasterers
- Demolition and construction workers
- Roofing contractors
- Heating, ventilation and telecommunication engineers
- Fire and burglar alarm installers
- Architects and building surveyors
- Shop fitters
Our UKATA approved asbestos awareness training course has been specially designed to promote awareness and reduce ‘accidental disturbance’ for anyone who may come into contact with asbestos materials during the course of their work.
Fixed price quote
No nasty hidden extras.
Fast quoting service
You’ll receive a quote within 24 hours.
Face to Face
Classroom based training.
All trainers have over 10 years of experience in the asbestos industry.
Fully Compliant Course
Up to date with current regulations.
Multiple choice question paper
Test your knowledge.
Next day certificates
Issued after passing tests.
What Does The Course Teach You?
Our comprehensive half-day UKATA Asbestos Awareness training courses have been tailored to give candidates a comprehensive understanding of the negative health effects and dangers associated with asbestos.
You will learn about:-
- What asbestos is
- Where was asbestos used
- What products contain asbestos
- Where were asbestos products used
- Why is asbestos hazardous
- What diseases and health effects are attributed to asbestos
- Who is at risk
- Emergency procedures
- Basic asbestos management and overview on regulations
What coverage does our asbestos awareness training department offer?
Acorn Analytical Services have two locations in the UK and so are ideally situated to provide our services nationally. Our asbestos awareness trainers undertake courses anywhere in the UK.
What’s the cost of a UKATA asbestos awareness training course?
To find out how much a UKATA asbestos awareness training course will cost, either call us on the number at the top of the page or complete a contact us form.
Acorn did a fantastic job. All 54 surveys and an additional 30 surveys were completed on time and within budget.
– Simon Bligh (Project Manager)
Reasons to Use Acorn
- Here to help you become asbestos compliant
- Here to identify any gaps within your asbestos compliance procedures
- We are a fully independent UKAS accredited asbestos consultancy
- We provide impartial, best practise advice no matter what we find
Our Core Values
Quality – Implement excellence in everything we do
Integrity – Be honest and truthful
Respect – Treat others how we wish to be treated
Teamwork – Work together for the benefit of the team
Innovation – Innovate to always be leading our industry
To be the obvious choice for asbestos consultancy services in the UK.
Ensuring safety above profit. Keeping quality within the core of everything we do. Guaranteeing speed in the delivery of our services.